At the bridal shower a few weeks back, I was sure the Margarita Cupcakes would be the hit of the party. If not them, then maybe the Strawberry Bruschetta. Never did I expect these little cucumber bites might actually be the winner of the afternoon! They’re the only appetizer I completely ran out of ingredients on and everyone kept remarking on how delicious they were. Best of all, they’re ridiculously easy to make and shockingly addictive–you’ll find yourself going back and popping another in your mouth every chance you get!
Herbed Cucumber Bites
Ever so barely adapted from Annie’s Eats
Makes approximately 3 dozen
- 5-6 large cucumbers
- 3 boxes of Garlic Herb Boursin cheese
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- In a small bowl, mash and mix the Boursin and cream until creamy and fully combined.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel long lengthwise strips from the sides of the cucumbers, about 4-6 strips, depending on how large your cucumbers are. By doing this, when you slice the cucumbers, they’ll have those great stripes.
- Slice the cucumbers into 1/2″ – 1″ slices.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the seeds from the center, leaving a little bit of cucumber in the bottom of the cup to hold the cheese in. You can slice and scoop the cucumber pieces the night before if you want, just store in an airtight container in the fridge, along with the cheese mixture.
- Fill a pastry bag, fitted with a star tip, with the Boursin mixture and pipe the cheese mixture into each cucumber slice. You’ll want to move in a small circular motion to make sure every bit is filled.
- Snip chives into pieces about 1 1/2″ long and adorn each cucumber bite with one piece of chive.
- Arrange on a platter and enjoy!